WELCOME TO MY BLOG.

I've always had an interest in gardens and in the natural world. I soon realized that these were more than just flowers to me, but people, places, pictures, history, thoughts...
Starting from a detail seen during one of my visits, unexpected worlds come out, sometimes turned to the past, others to the future.

Travel in a Garden invites you to discover them.

Sunday, September 18, 2016

The Art of Chabana: September.



Material: Liriope muscari 'Variegata', Anemone japonica, bamboo.

Container: Raku ceramic vase.

There are still drops of rain on the leaves I chose for chabana today.
There was a thunder storm yesterday evening and gentle rain this morning.
Days are shorter and cooler.

Someone reminded me that chabana is vitality, simplicity and hospitality. Seasonal flowers and leaves bring the surrounding landscape and rural life into the room. Air streams through few stems arranged in a simple, symmetrical composition.  

I start again from here.







Photos:
TravelinaGarden, September 2016.

Further reading:
Henry Mittwer, The Art of Chabana: Flowers for the Tea Ceremony, Charles E. Tuttle Company Inc., Tokyo, 1974.

Link to the previous posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment